Established in 1979, Cotemar, www.cotemar.com.mx, is a Mexican organization specializing in the oil and energy industry. Their headquarters is located in Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, and their company size is 5,001 to 10,000 employees, according to Crunchbase.com. Their main services include construction, modernization, and maintenance; maritime operations support; and accommodation and food for the development of offshore oilfields. Cotemar’s mission is to contribute to the production of the gas and oil industry that is based on their efficient processes, and with the implementation of success driven people and industry leading technology. Also, Cotemar’s vision is to be a sustainable organization utilizing more participation in new business areas in the global oil market, and increasing their involvement in production procedures that are supported by the newest generation vessels and innovative and new techniques.
Their History & Timeline
When Cotemar began in 1979, they started as a service organization for the energy industry. For almost 40 years now, they have expanded and evolved to better meet the industry’s needs. The following is their timeline:
- 1981- acquired more specialized vessels for personnel and material transporting.
- 1985- acquired their first rig that provides accommodation and catering services that function as a flotel providing top notch services.
- 1988- increased their specialized transportation vessels’ fleet for personnel.
- 1996- their catering and accommodation and personnel transportation services are strengthened. Also, its operations expanded to include the maintenance and construction of three specialized vessels and five rigs.
- 2002- the arrival of Hibernia
- 2012- COSCO began the construction of two semi-submersible rigs. Specialized maintenance and crane vessels, that are for solid and liquid material transporting, joined the fleet.
- 2013- Atlantis construction began
- 2015- the arrival of COSCO’s two-submersible rigs
- 2016- the Cuichapa Poniente area contract was awarded to Servicios de Extracción Petrolera Lifting de México S.A. de C.V, the Moloacan municipality in state of Veracruz, Mexico. This occurred due to the company participating in the third stage of Round 1 tender ran by the Comision Nacional de Hidrocarburos
One reason for this company’s success is due to their strong values. Their values are integrity, reliability, innovation, and collaboration. This company is consistently ethical, honest, and transparent. They always stay within the legal regulations and framework that govern them. They also strive for excellence of service, operations’ modes, and processes. And they adopt new ideas, created better alternatives, use synergy, create companionship, and so forth to abide by their core values.